Self – frosting
10 tablespoons butter (or 5/8 cup or 140 grams) butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar (original amount was 3/4 cup but I cut it down)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
Nutella, approximately 1/3 cup
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light, about 2 minutes.
3. Add in eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl with each addition. (Don’t worry if the batter doesn’t look smooth, it’ll turn out alright later on!) Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
4. Fill each cupcake case with batter, about 3/4 full. Top each cake with 1 heaped teaspoon of Nutella. Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. (I find it easier to make circular motions starting from the bottom of the case and up to the top, so as to fold the batter over the Nutella)
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the tops of the cupcakes are slightly browned, and a toothpick inserted into the part without Nutella comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Have a lovely rest of the weekend and bye for now
Ady Greatsword Empire Kitchen Recipes,,