Cream Cheese Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pineapple Tarts
75g caster sugar
170g UHT whipping cream
3 egg yolks
2 sticks (16 tbsps) salted butter, room temperature
2 tbsps unsalted butter, room temperature
50g cream cheese
400g cake flour
30g corn starch
1. Cream sugar, butter and cream cheese until they come together
2. Pour in the whipping cream and beat on low (speed 2 on a hand mixer). The mixture will appear to be lumpy as the cream starts to blend in. Scrape off the sides once in a while in between. Keep the beating going for about 10 minutes. It will eventually turn creamy at the end of it.
3. Add in the egg yolks and beat for about a minute. Sift the flours together and add in half of the flour mixture. Beat on low until they come together. Add in the remaining flour mixture and stop mixing as soon as they get combined. Let the dough rest for at least 10 minutes.
4. Next -. Roll the dough out into balls about 1.5 to 2 times larger than the jam balls. The initial rolling process can get a little messy in the beginning especially when it's still fresh and moist. But as they continue to firm up in the air, the rolling will get easier. Just be sure you work with clean hands to minimize the stickiness.
5. Wrapping time! Gently flatten a piece of dough. Place the jam right in the middle. Wrap the dough around the filling. Continue to wrap around and enclose the jam. Lightly pinch the end point to seal the dough casing. Smooth out surface by rolling it into a ball. Repeat with the rest of the dough and jam.
6. Line the tarts on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. Glaze the tarts with the egg yolks. Do them nice and neat with a brush. Their final appearance depends very much on this.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 20 minutes. Add a minute or two as needed. Let the cookies cool down completely before packing them away.