Ady Greatsword Empire Kitchen Recipes
(recipe souce : adapted from SSB with minor changes)
*makes 12-14 muffins
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
170g caster sugar
150g chocolate chips (save 1/4 of the chips for sprinkling, i use twist white choc and chocolate chips)
80ml vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 200 deg C (next time I will reduce to 180-190c).
2. Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar, and 3/4 of the chocolate chips into a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not overmix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Spoon the batter into paper muffin cases.
6. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 chocolate chips on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Ady Greatsword Empire Kitchen Recipes,,