Marble Butter Cake
NOTE : All images are the property of Ady Greatsword Empire Kitchen Recipes and any reproduction is strictly prohibited. Let me make this clear: PLEASE DON"T STEAL MY PICTURES or IDEAS( Presentation), it's not cool aND it's illegal!
8 large eggs, separated
250g castor sugar
340g unsalted butter
250g all purpose flour
1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons good quality cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven at 160°C with a wire rack in the middle. Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream butter in the bowl till light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the 100g sugar till light. Gradually add this into the butter and beat on medium speed till just incorporated. Add in all purpose flour into the mixture in 3-4 batches.
3. Whisk the egg whites till formy. Gradually add the remaining 150g of sugar until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, fold in the meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 3-4 batches. Add in vanilla extract until incorporated.
4. Divide the batter into two, 3/4 in one batch and the rest in another bowl. Sieve cocoa powder over the lesser batch and fold to mix well. Pour batter into tin, alternating between the two mixtures, starting with the yellow batter. Rap pan on counter several times to eliminate air bubbles. With a long skewer, swirl around the batter to create the marble effect. Bake for 40-55 minutes or until a tester inserted into the middle of the cake come out clean.
5. Cool on wire rack completely before serving. Cake keeps at room temperature up to three days and can be frozen up to 3 months.
Ady Greatsword Empire Kitchen Recipes,,