Notes: Tekstur kek ni lembab kerana menggunakan buttermilk dan rasanye lemak2…
300g butter, softened
250g caster sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (I used 2 tablespoon Queen’s vanilla bean paste)
5 grade A eggs, lightly beaten
375g self-rising flour (or replace with 375g cake flour with 19g baking powder), sifted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease and line two 23cm (9″) round cake pans or a 25cm (10″) round cake pan. Grease and flour the lined cake pans. I used one 23cm cake pan which was fine.
2. With an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Then add sugar and vanilla, and beat until combined.
3. Add eggs in batches, beating well after each addition. Beat for 1 minute after the last addition.
4. On low speed, add 1/3 of the flour together with the salt, and mix until combined. Add remaining flour and buttermilk in two batches.
5. Turn batter out into pan and smooth the surface with a spatula.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 150C. Bake 25 minutes for the 23cm pans and 60 minutes for the 25cm pan. Baked mine for 60 minutes + additional few minutes.